Over the past few years the tri-state area has been plagued with strong storms that have caused areas to flood that have not in the past. Many people believe the just drying the area out and spraying some bleach on it will cure any problem. This is not the case. If mold is not treated properly it can become an indoor contaminate that can affect the health of your family and the structural safety of the building. Our staff is trained in a multi-step process to eradicate the mold, remove it if needed and then sealing the area with Smart Shield ™ to deter future mold growth.
Spring is only a month away, and spring hopefully means warmer weather. On one hand most of us cannot wait to open the windows, air out the house and soak up as much sun as possible. The problem is many people forget that this is also a time to worry about mold growth as mold loves warm and wet environments. As you all prepare to do your spring cleaning there are a few things you should remember as the snow melts and may leave some damp areas in your home.
– Check areas that may have some damage from the snow storms to ensure proper drainage away from your house.
– Check the basement for any areas that may be damp as the snow is melting and find out where the water is coming from.
– If you had any pipes burst or leak repair them immediately and ensure the area is completely dry.
– If you have a humid area of your home, invest in a dehumidifier to remove the extra moisture from the air.
– If you see condensation continuously on your windows, pipes or other areas, dry it immediately and attempt to find the cause.
– Condensation occurs when warm humid air is cooled.
– Ensure proper drainage for the air conditioning units.
– If you see a small amount of mold that has started clean the area with a mold remover and make sure it completely dries. If the area is large you may want to contact a professional like Emergi-Clean, Inc. to ensure there is not mold behind the area where you can visibly see the mold.
Mold is an allergen and can impact the health of the young, old and immunocompromised. Smart-Touch Sanitizing is a great investment for your family to reduce mold and other allergens in your household.
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay
1 (877) 742-4221
Professionally Trained & Certified Technicians ON CALL 24hrs / 7days
- P.O. Box 2136
- Linden, NJ 07036